The ROAR is thrilled to announce our partnership with the BMW Charity Pro-Am as the Official Radio Partner. 2022 is the first year of this partnership and The ROAR is excited to connect our listeners to this special event.
"We’re very excited to be the official radio partner with such an iconic event here in the Upstate.” says Zach Washburn, Director of Business Development of The Roar’s parent company, Byrne Media. “The golf coverage we do during our shows has been fueled by our listeners & tremendous hosts over the years, so this will be a perfect match from a content standpoint. Through this partnership, we’ll be bringing some fun content to our listeners, along with exclusive opportunities at the tournament to our listeners & partners. We also share & appreciate the tournament’s commitment to the local community. We’re dually excited to provide a platform to share all the fantastic things the tournament is doing to give back- which has always been important to The Roar family & its listeners.”
“Having this radio partnership was very important to us at the tournament this year. Says Michael McGovern, Tournament Director at the BMW Charity Pro-Am. “The Roar has a very passionate fanbase & their station aligns well with what we’re trying to do here. They’ve got a fantastic lineup that we have a ton of respect for & look forward to having them on site to bring what we feel will be some really special content. We look forward to this strategic media partnership between two staples here in the Upstate of South Carolina.”
BMW is highlighting sustainability and conservation efforts at this year's tournament. The BMW Charity Pro-Am takes place at Thornblade Club in Greer and The Carolina Country Club in Spartanburg June 9-12. More information about the week's special events can be found here. Below is a list of the celebrity guests who will participate in the pro-am.
· LPGA Hall of Fame Golfer Amy Alcott
· Country Music Artist George Birge
· Gold Rated BMW Motorsport Works Driver Connor De Phillippi
· Golf Channel Contributor and Podcast Host Will Lowery
· Golf Social Media Influencers Kat and Isabelle Shee (“Shee Sisters”)
· Television Actor Anthony Anderson (Black-ish)
· Television Actor Brian Baumgartner (“Kevin” - The Office)
· Television Actor Andy Buckley (“David” – The Office)
· Comedian Larry the Cable Guy
· Professional Boxer Canelo Álvarez
· ESPN Golf Analyst Michael Collins
· Country Pop Musician Jay DeMarcus (Rascal Flatts)
· Former MLB Outfielder Ken Griffey, Jr.
· Olympic Curler and Gold Medalist Matt Hamilton
· PGA TOUR Radio Personality Brian Katrek
· Sports Radio and Television Personality Ann Liguori
· World Long Drive Competitor Troy Mullins
· Former NFL Wide Receiver and NFL Network Analyst Sterling Sharpe
· MLB Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith
· Golf Channel Personality Lauren Thompson
· Former MLB Pitcher David Wells
· Emmy Award-Winning Director and Actor Justin Wheelon
· Professional NHL Defenseman James Wisniewski
Stay tuned for more info about The ROAR's presence at the BMW Charity Pro-Am in the following weeks, including interviews and giveaways.